CAREERS INFORMATION – General Research and Subject Links
Students and Parents – Please use the following links to research careers and subject options and to gain impartial advice about the various pathways available:
START Profile: startprofile.com
All Year 8 have completed a careers PSHCE module and discussed potential pathways with their tutor. They have also been introduced to START Profile which is a comprehensive research and personal development site linked to careers.
Students & Parents are advised to:
- Register on Start / Log in for free com
- Students can complete the ‘Build Your Start Profile’ tab to reflect on their preferred career pathways. The personality questions will help students to match searches to their personal characteristics
- Students and Parents can use the ‘Explore Careers’ tab and then ‘Jobs Linked to Subjects’ tab on the right to investigate a wide range of careers linked to GCSE/A Level subject areas
- Also, the Post 16 Options and Post 18 Options Tabs provide a wide range of information about the academic qualifications that are required for a range of career pathways.
- Students can bring up job profiles and look at the rates of pay / routes into these roles. It also includes availability and other relevant labour market information (LMI)
Additional Careers Advice can be found via the following sites:
For further information about subject links and careers advice:
BBC Bitesize – Careers Section – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/careers
iCould –Personality Quiz and linked Careers Videos / Subject Links and Labour Market Information – go to the ‘explore section’ of https://icould.com/
National Careers Service – https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/