It is the time in your sons education when some important choices have to be made in relation to his Key Stage 4 courses.
We have put together a package of information that will allow you and your son to make informed choices about his GCSE options.
Below you will find:
‘The process’ information video
Subject information videos
Subject information sheets
A copy of the options form and a link to an online options form
Careers information and useful websites
Please could you take the time to go through all of this information and guidance with your son. Please get in touch with any of the below contacts if you would like more information or help with the process.
Please can you submit your options choices by Friday 1st May.
- Log in
- Students to complete the ‘My Profile’ tab ‘About Me’ quizzes – this will match searches to personal characteristics
- Type in ‘subjects’ e.g. Maths, English, Geography, Technology etc. into the search bar and explore a wide range of careers linked to subject areas
- Type in a specific job role into the search bar to understand what is required and to look at the routes into these careers
- Complete selected ‘learning modules’ linked to areas of interest such as Apprenticeships
- Bring up job profiles and look at the rates of pay, qualifications required, routes into these roles and vacancies
Mrs Kane Zone Manager Year 7 & 8 – LKane@sandbachschool.org
Mr Yates 7 & 8 LIM – OYates@sandbachschool.org
Ms Brookes Year 8 SSC – LBrookes@sandbachschool.org
Mr Roberts Assistant LIM – TRoberts@sandbachschool.org
Mr Mills Careers Lead – SMills@sandbachschool.org
SEND – Hcooper@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
DESIGN & TECH – Pbowyer@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
LANGUAGES – CHaynes@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
GEOGRAPHY – DBootherstone@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
MUSIC – GBarber@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
PERFORMING ARTS – DAnderson@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
ICT – DWebb@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
MATHS – LRobinson@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
SCIENCE – SDuncombe@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
ENGLISH – BStanley@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
BUSINESS – GSmith@SANDBACHSCHOOL.ORG
HISTORY – PMcgarrigle@sandbachschool.org