Welcome to The Learning Resource Centre
Our Aims Are
- To support you with your schoolwork.
- To help you with your information retrieval skills.
- To provide you with all the best new fiction.
- To help you become confident readers.
- To give you somewhere quiet and welcoming to work.
- To run events and clubs that will interest you and help you develop your skills.
Things You Can Do in the LRC
- Homework, research, coursework.
- Keep up with your own interests.
- Read a book or a magazine.
- Computers are available for study use.
- Play chess or take part in any of our themed activities.
- Quick Facts
The LRC is open
8.00- 5.00pm on Monday – Thursday
8.00 – 4.00pm on Fridays.
LRC Events/Latest News
B.B.B Club (Boys. Biscuits. Books) Every Thursday after school in the LRC
Year 7 Boys & Parent Book club: Second Tuesday after every half term 6:30pm in the LRC (Please check the notice board for the latest book)
Cheshire School Book Awards – we take part in this every year with two trips to Winsford to meet authors and vote on the shortlisted books.
A parents’guide to Accelerated Readers can be downloaded below.
Look for an Accelerated Reader Book Level Here
Last Term’s Pizza Prize Winners were… 7D!
Roll of Honour – previous AR winners
- Kyle Brandreth
- Oscar Neil
- Macaulay Cartwright
- Matthew Bown
- Oscar Neil
- Will Bloor
- Cameron Birkenhead
- Ethan Hammersley-Bowyer
- Calvin Turner
- Liam Johnson