Mission & Values
The core values of Sandbach School are those embodied in the School’s motto and crest displayed on all uniform badges and school documentation. Such values are known, understood and should be practised by all members of the Sandbach School Community.
The Latin motto “Ut Severis Seges” broadly translates as “As you sow, so shall you reap” or the more you put into school life, the more you will get out of it. The crest of the Cheshire wheatsheaf suggests that care, nurturing and commitment are needed to achieve a harvest of quality. Applying both concepts to an all-boys comprehensive school, the values which the motto and crest encapsulate are:
- Commitment to excellence in all aspects of school life – “working hard and playing hard”.
- Respect for self and others, combined with a responsibility and caring for all members of the school and its wider community.
- Integrity, honesty and open-ness in how every member of the school community operates.
- Encouragement of all to be creative, innovative and able to take initiative in order to develop every individual beyond their perceived potential.
Such values are regularly communicated, reinforced and celebrated in assemblies, performances, fixtures, formal documentation and the School’s website.
“Sandbach School seeks to provide the highest quality learning and achievement for all boys, ensuring that they develop as creative, responsible individuals building on outstanding experiences in the classroom and in extra-curricular provision.”
“Sandbach School provides a stimulating, creative and caring environment where all pupils have an equal opportunity to achieve their fullest potential and develop into independent learners and responsible members of the local and global community”.
- To be inclusive in providing every student with the equality of opportunity, motivation and support, that will enable him to achieve more than he thought possible both inside and outside the classroom.
- To emphasise established fundamental cultural and moral values and standards in preparing pupils for adult life in a society that is multi-cultural and changing.
- To develop personal and social skills so that each individual can contribute usefully and confidently to the School and wider community.
- To encourage the development of self-confident independent and creative individuals who respect the right of others, and who will develop into responsible citizens.
- To provide a clean, safe, secure and controlled environment in which learning and teaching can be most effective within the overall ethos of the Arts and Sports specialisms.
- To develop aesthetic, cultural and multicultural awareness in curricular and extra curricular opportunities.
- To provide a curriculum that is flexible enough to respond to the needs of students of different ages, stages, aptitudes and abilities.
- To encourage participation in sporting, performance and curricular enrichment activities at all scales from within school to international.
- To secure the active involvement of all people concerned with the School’s welfare, staff, pupils, governors, parents and LEA, in the continuous reassessment of the aims and objectives of the School, specialising in the Arts and Sport, with an international dimension.
- To promote opportunities for life-long learning and access to the School’s general and artistic facilities within the wider local area to help to promote community cohesion and well being.
- To provide mutual support and care for all members of the Sandbach School community as part of a need to build resilience and robustness in emotional well-being.